Deputy Coordinated Campaign Director
The Arizona Democratic Party (ADP)
ADP Field Director
Deputy Coordinated Campaign Directors will be an integral part of the 2016 Coordinated Campaign. Deputy Coordinated Campaign Directors will manage Regional Field Directors, who will manage Field Organizers and Fellows. As the direct managers of Regional Field Directors, their primary duty will be to shape staff into superior managers, trainers and mentors. Deputy Coordinated Campaign Directors will provide guidance at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hiring, managing, training and mentoring a staff of Regional Field Directors
- Providing weekly goals for a team of Regional Field Directors, and holding ADP field staff accountable for hitting goals in all metrics, including:
- Voter registration
- Door knocks
- Phone calls
- Volunteer recruitment and team building
- Commit to vote card collection
- Vote by mail/Permanent Early Voter List Recruitment and follow-up
- Other metrics as assigned
- Executing a training program that provides frequent and effective training to field staff at all levels, and developing systems and procedures that establish clear lines of communication and effective accountability measures for field staff
- Working with the Chair, Executive Director and Finance Director to effectively communicate the goals and objectives of the Coordinated Campaign plan to Coordinated Campaign table partners, Party leaders, donors and stakeholders
- Holding scheduled performance reviews and providing regular feedback to Coordinated Campaign staff
- Creating scripts, survey questions, and comprehensive training materials for staff and volunteers
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 2 or more cycles of campaign or state party field experience
- At least 1 year of staff management experience, and ability to speak expertly about the characteristics of an effective manager
- Experience organizing volunteers within a structured organizing model
- Experience managing a paid canvass
- Experience writing and executing a field plan
- Proficiency with Vote Builder
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Respect for and experience in collaborating with data professionals and working within data-driven field programs
- Passion for working long, irregular hours for Democratic candidates and causes
- Commitment to empowering staff and volunteers at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position will include medical insurance benefits.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, relevant writing samples and three references to Meghan Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Deputy Coordinated Campaign Director in the subject.
Please direct any questions to Meghan Lyons at email@example.com.
The Arizona Democratic Party, (ADP), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff. ADP is an equal opportunity employer, and it is ADP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.