McSally’s Record Of Selling Out Working Families
PHOENIX — As hardworking Arizonans observed Labor Day this weekend, they sadly could not rest assured that unelected U.S. Sen. Martha McSally is looking out for them in Washington, D.C.
In fact, the opposite is true. McSally has again and again voted to undercut workers’ freedoms, protections, and rights, even as she continues to be a reliable vote for her powerful corporate special interest donors.
- Voted for a bill to gut workplace safety protections and “upend 40 years of labor, health, safety and environmental laws“;
- Voted to block the modernization of OSHA workplace safety rules;
- Voted to loosen a rule protecting workers from federal contractors who violate labor laws;
- Voted against a measure to stop taxpayer dollars from going to federal contractors that violate labor laws;
- Cosponsored and voted for a “phony” bill to weaken workers’ overtime protections and reduce take-home pay;
- Cosponsored a measure to undercut an expansion of workers’ right to overtime pay;